Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Maiden - Day 1

Given that this is a vacation week for me, I thought it'd be a good time to start something BIG. I can't think of any other words do describe The Maiden. Ok. Gorgeous would work as well. I spent several hours today printing, cutting, edging and gluing, and I've only begun to put a dent in this build. It's looking very pretty though, and I'm always amazed at how sturdy the construction is. Here are a couple small pictures of the work-in-progress:




I'm really glad I dealt with my printer issues, so the printouts aren't too dark now. There's a ton of great detail in every piece, and it really stinks to lose any of it.

Right now, there are a lot of ship *pieces* but not a whole lot of ship. We're taking a day trip into Boston to see the USS Constitution - a fun coincidence that might be good inspiration during this big build!

No comments:

Post a Comment