Saturday, January 21, 2012

Printer issues

I kept the robocutter humming along as I cut through a stack of tiles and pillars. At the same time, I thought I'd start printing out another set. I had to do some adjustments to the printouts of some Hinterland Cliff pieces, and the cliff walls were looking OK. Unfortunately, there's definitely something fishy with the black ink. The printouts are coming out very brown. It's hard to diagnose these things with kids hanging around, so I haven't delved into what might be going on. One thing is for sure, the Hinterland tiles I had already assembled look NOTHING like the new printouts... the old ones look like a forest, and the new ones look more like a swamp. :(

UPDATE: It would appear that the cyan print head is clogged. I've read online about different ways to tackle this, and I can only imagine that it's because the quality of the ink that comes with the continuous ink system I installed isn't as good as the stuff they charge an arm and a leg for. I'm hoping to have time this weekend to try to to soak the print head and see if I can't get things working again. Buying a new print head is about as expensive as buying a new printer...

No comments:

Post a Comment