Monday, January 9, 2012

Progress on The Maiden

Just a little update on how the Maiden is progressing... slowly...

I don't know why, but for some reason I was just not excited to assemble the masts. I dunno if it's because the mast tips seemed like they'd be no fun to assemble... I don't know if it's because the upper masts just didn't seem to have gone together correctly... I don't know if it was because I'd never worked with the transparencies before...

Well, I sucked it up and got to work. I shouldn't be surprised that things worked out. The guys at WorldWorksGames know what they're doing!

Here are some shots of the ship with the masts in place:



I have the upper ratlines in place, and the little platform thingies went in OK. The lower platform thingies bowed a little with the ratlines attached. I'm hoping that will work itself out when I install the yards.

In addition to the masts, I was able to cut and edge the anchors, and I cut out a dozen chests and lobster traps from the Mermaid Tavern buildings. Work work work! But, I can feel some closure coming with the Maiden!

No comments:

Post a Comment