Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Round Himmelveil Tiles Update

It feels like things move very slowly, when you can only work on them in 30 minute chunks...

Tonight, I printed out some of the railing walls, and I made a sheet of 1" three-way posts. On the sheet, I also included full-height 3-way posts, where one of the connectors on each was low enough for a 1" wall. Here are some new pictures:

Not too shabby for a first print! The low posts came out nice, and the railings looks right at home. It's funny, I had to use more dwarven walls since I still don't have any *regular* Himmelveil walls or posts! Anyway, you can see in the back there's a low wall attached to a post with a regular wall. I think I want to tweak the post so that it has a tab at the top as well as the bottom to hold it's shape. Right now, it's got a tiny tab at the bottom holding it together, which is OK, but the top opens up a little too much.

I need to make another sheet of anchors for the streets tiles. Understand, though, that I had a marathon anchor making streak. I cut, glued and edged six or seven sheets of anchors in order to retrofit all of my Hinterland and Himmelveil tiles, as well as to add anchors to some miscellaneous tiles that have been kicking around unfinished. I'm going to go back to finishing more Hinterland Cliffs stuff, then I'll try to make a complete inventory of things "to do" to get this curved walls endeavor complete.

Tiles
    6" half-circle (done)
    6" half-circle with 6"x3" extension (done)
    3" quarter-circle
    Not sure if I can pull off the inverse of the 3" quarter-circle...

Posts
    1" high 2-way posts
    1" high 3-way posts (done)
    1" high 4-way posts
    2" high 2-way post variants for 1" connections
    2" high 3-way post variants for 1" connections (done)
    2" high 2-way post variants for 1" connections

Walls
    2" high curved HV Streets walls
    1" high curved HV Streets walls
    1" high curved HV Streets railing walls (done)
    1" high 3" HV Streets walls
    1" high 3" HV Streets railing walls
    1" high 6" HV Streets walls
    1" high 6" HV Streets railing walls


No comments:

Post a Comment