Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend roundup

I've been making slow and steady progress putting together Hinterland Cliff tiles. These are the top tiles for the cliffs. I really like how they go together. The WorldWorksGames folks are very clever.

I'm going to start the next phase, which is making the posts. I'm also going to print out a bunch of anchors for my existing Hinterland Forest tiles. I foolishly decided to go without anchors on them because it was MUCH faster, and I thought I wouldn't be using posts for the forest sets. WRONG!

I had another tile lying around from one of the Lost Halls of the Dwarven Kings sets that I never put anchors on, so I printed out a page of anchors for that too. I've gotten into a groove with edging and gluing the anchors, so I think it'll be nice to have a pile of extras lying around. They do tend to weaken over time.

It looks like a mess, but they've all been edged, and a couple have been glued. I can glue them while doing other things, so I'll just try to have a pile sitting around for whenever I have time. I want to add tiles to my Himmelveil Streets tiles too, so I'll print those out soon too.

Lastly, I spent some time making a pattern for my Silhouette SD cutter. It was designed based on a business card holder, and I'm using them to store props and small items. I'll probably make one just for the extra anchors.

I haven't quite perfected the bottom of the box yet. I'd like to get it to the point where I don't have to glue the bottom, but instead just clip things in place. As it stands, I'm off by something small, like 1/16" on the tabs. It adds up, though, and the corners tend to open up a little. Almost there, though. The cover fits nice and snug finally, and I have an insert for the inside bottom to make it nice and flat so none of the small pieces get snagged on anything. The font panel has slots now so I can put in replaceable labels. I'll continue to fine-tune the box until I'm happy.


So, the remainder of the weekend will see some posts made for Hinterland tiles, and I might cheat and get some cliff walls made, for motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment