Friday, July 13, 2012

TLX Castle Gate - first build

Here's a quick shot of the castle gate wall piece:


I'm really happy with how it turned out. The fancy part on the top will hopefully look OK against a 2nd floor wall. I haven't built any 2-story posts yet, so forgive the use of some Hinterland Cliff posts...

I built the ballast box that attaches to the door, but I think it's way too silly looking on a TLX build, where everything is so flat except for this HUGE box. I'm going to try a couple different things. First, I'll try making a ballast box that is 1/4 as thick, and see if I can't still get enough penny weight to drop the door open. If that doesn't work... well... I'm hoping it will work.

I have plans for how to keep the door closed, but I haven't gotten to that yet. I'd rather build out the ramps to allow crossing the moat, and see how that looks.

I'm gonna shoot for a good nights sleep, so no more for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment