Saturday, July 14, 2012

TLX Castle Wall - COMPLETE!

I can't express how happy I am with how this came out. I hope it holds together well! Here's a shot of the castle gate now:


And let's drop that baby down!


Oh yeah! The portcullis came out great. I made cutfiles for it, and it came out perfectly.


Boo yeah. The gate can open and close. Let's flip it around and see the magic.


Two things going on here. First, for the portcullis, there's actally a 2nd layer of cardstock with a gap between it and the main wall. That let's the gate slide up and down. Second, there's a cardstock bar attached to the base of the drawbridge. It's held on by some little boxes, allowing it to pivot open.


This wasn't my idea. I shamelessly adapted some great suggestions I received from others on the WorldWorksGames forums.

So, the main gate was completed today, and I mostly finished gluing up about two dozen more walls, though they're all short walls. Now I really need to get crackin' and get some 2-story walls and posts done up!

No comments:

Post a Comment