Thursday, August 9, 2012

TLX Castle - quick roof tests

While at work waiting for my code to compile, I sometimes try to make progress on the mindless tasks of converting pieces. This usually means simply creating more and more templates from existing sets. Today, I thought I'd try to whip up a simple roof piece and truss.

That's an example 6" "low roof" piece using one of the roof textures from CastleWorks. The interior texture is from Thoumont's.

Here's the other texture used in roofs in the CastleWorks set. It's ok, I guess. I'll withhold judgement on it's style until I print out a piece or two and make a building. That's really why I put these together - to see what it'd look like when built.

I did a single end truss piece that would be compatible with these roof pieces. The exterior of the truss uses the exterior plaster wall texture (it's darker and has water stains on it), and I found an area of weathering that fit nicely.

If I have a chance tonight, I'll assemble them. Working this small will be refreshing - it's only a couple of simple pieces to edge and assemble!


No comments:

Post a Comment