Saturday, November 3, 2012

TLX Atlantis - Walkway Supports

I thought I'd keep the supports simple, and here's what I ended up with:
I took the pillar wall and chopped it into pieces. I added slots on tops and bottoms, allowing for the pieces to slip together easily. I haven't used them too much to know whether they'll be stable enough, but I think it's a good starting point. Here are some assembled pics:
I might even make some 3- and 4- column support pieces. No reason not to, I guess. I made cutfiles for them, which saved me a lot of time. I'm wondering if I should make versions that fill the interior with some stone wall texture, so people wouldn't have to carve them out if they don't want. Also, as you can see, I made the 2-column supports have either slots on the top OR the bottom. I'll probably change this to have one on each, so there's really only need for one type of 2-column support piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment