Saturday, December 1, 2012

An overdue update

It's been a while since I posted anything - this seems to happen when I get mired in little details and my desk fills up with clutter. I can't seem to push anything past the finish line, so I stop doing anything! Well, progress has finally been made.

The Thoumont's SwiftScenics set has been wrapped up and I've fixed all of the issues I was aware of. I also did up some promo pictures and passed them off to WWG for their consideration. Just a wait-and-see game now, I guess.

TLX Atlantis inches along. I had a huge list of things to convert, and I realize now that I missed a bunch of things. I'll see what I end up getting done. I think the tiles are almost complete. Here's a quick test print of some water/sand tiles using a 1" grid:


I cut up 10 more 6" foamcore tiles, and found that using the skill saw goes pretty quickly. Maybe it's just more fun to use the power tools than the knife. I'd like to see if I can't get a method down where I cut 4 or 5 at a time, stacked up. I tried 3 at a time using masking tape to hold them together, and it was OK, but not great. I think a little spritz of spray mount will hold them well enough. 10 isn't nearly enough to make a set, and I'm a bit behind on making sets, so I would like to get a good stack prepped.

So, hopefully this evening I can focus on finishing the "core" tiles (not including some of the wonky looking inlets and transition tiles...) and maybe build a couple real TLX tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment