Tuesday, December 4, 2012

No wonder Atlantis sunk...

...

I'm having a really hard time gaining traction on this. It's one step forward, two steps back. I decided to ditch the black area between the pillars on the posts, and instead use stone walls. Sadly, I hadn't kept the layers in my images separate, so it wasn't an easy thing to just whip up. I redid the 2-way posts last night and went to build a couple pages worth so I could start making a real TLX build, and I found I had scaled the pillars incorrectly on the posts. Or, rather, I scaled them differently. Sigh. So, either I redo the posts again (pretty likely) or I redo the walls (unlikely). The sad thing is, I like the new scale better - the columns are more substantial. Oh well.

I did build a couple of TLX tiles, and they came out OK. I need a bunch more, but I'm at least somewhat confident I can make those easily. Famous last words, right?

I tried to come up with a texture for the inside of the roofs, and this is what I ended up with:


So, now I realize that this won't line up "perfectly" with the trusses. Maybe I don't care... I probably do though... Wah. I wish I were better at doing this! I hope that I'll be able to use some vacation time to really focus on this stuff, rather than doing it in 15 minute increments. Maybe that's screwing me up.

It is certainly a lonely process, I'll say that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment