Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mushroom men on the rise!

I'm going to try to put together a line of mushroom standees. It's a bit out of my comfort zone - I'm used to manipulating pictures other people have made. In this case, I'm trying to sketch out my own thing and make something from scratch.

Here's my first little guy. I haven't figured out exactly how big he's supposed to be in print. I'm surprised I've gotten this far...

That's actually the second recoloring. The first coloring I did looked beyond terrible. My kids thought he came out awesome, but they're a little biased.

I've got six more shrooms sketched out, and I've got some bugs sketched out as well. I'm hoping to make some complete sets and get better at the process.

Update - I will try out some different color schemes for the shrooms. I should really write down the color palettes and the brushes used... Here's the two I'm ending with tonight:

No comments:

Post a Comment