Sunday, November 17, 2013

DeadFall: Mines has been submitted (kind of!)

After a complete redesign of the rail tracks, there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Hah! See what I did there? 14 pages of tiles, 13 pages of walls. D'oh! As I type, I realize I forgot to include the anchors in the PDFs! Hah!

I passed a link off to the judges so they can get a head-start and look at what's there. I still need to do the cutfiles, the tlx planner files, and some promo pics. This is really pushing the envelope of what would normally accept as a kitbash... I'm not gonna get my hopes up. It was fun to make though.

Update: There were a couple of errors discovered in the files - simple things that I quickly cleared up. I've gone and made the cutfiles, the Terrainlinx Planner file and the preview picture. The last thing that was an issue was the lantern light. One of the judges felt it was too faint and blended in too much with the wall. I'm playing around with a couple ideas now.

That's where I'm at now. I made the light more directional since it wouldn't be shining through the top/bottom of the lantern. I've also pulled the light away from the center beam a little, since in theory there'd be shadows cast from the beam. Also, the light is stronger than before - I tripled the number of layers that make the light. Fingers are crossed that I hear positive things about this. If I do, I have to update a couple of walls and rebuild a PDF, then it'll be DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment