Saturday, January 11, 2014

The devil is in the details

Today I snuck in enough time to assemble one of each type of 6" mine tile that I had kitbashed. I must admit, they look pretty good... :) I made them without anchors, as that is a lot faster, and I didn't want a bunch of half-made pieces lying around. I'll go back and add anchors when the time comes - when I have some walls and posts done. I'm looking forward to snapping some pictures of an actual mine!

In addition to making the tiles, I got around to making some little latches for the mine carts. When I say little, I mean TINY. But, they kinda work, and really aren't THAT hard to assemble. I like posting pics, so here are a couple to show what I'm talking about.



They're really not that bad to assemble, and they kinda look cool on the models! Of course, now when I make a buffer box for the tracks, I'll have to compensate for the possible latch. Rather than a buffer box, I might make something a little different... You'll have to wait and see...


That last one shows the tiles look like when printed. I have a little bit more work to do on the hand cart, then I'll move onto a couple little details, like stuff to put IN the carts!

I'm hoping tomorrow to get some quality time on the cave walls. What I might do is make some that fit in with the mining tunnels, and some that are deeper into cave territory...

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! Will the carts all be on one page (or at least the latches for the cart)?

    I look forward to seeing where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One cart per page, but there will be two sets of latches per cart, if only because I fear being so small, I might screw one up and appreciate the second copy. :)

      Delete