Saturday, March 15, 2014

TLXifying FDG buildings... (pt 4)

I ran through and made five pages of 3" walls - exterior walls with doors, widows and plain, as well as interior walls that are plain and with a door. They're printing now, and this should let me get a floor plan going!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Slow and steady...

I brought in a pile of the posts to edge, and so I'm better equipped now to make a first floor of a building.


I usually don't bring enough things to edge during the day at work, but getting a dozen posts done over the course of a day is actually a big help. I'd like a couple more tiles done, but now I can also start making some interior walls and short exterior walls, and I'll have a place to hang them.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

TLXifying FDG buildings... (pt 3)

I fixed up all my walls, so the anti-warp triangles are on the inside. I also did up 3-way and 4-way posts, and a hallway tile for the floor. I printed one page of the two new posts, one hallway tile, and a page of fixed 6" walls. I had enough time to score and cut them out, ready to spray-glue them and finish them up. I'll do that later, though. It's not even 10pm and my eyes are exhausted, so I'm not gonna push it.

Here's a picture of the growing mess on my computer desk...


Monday, March 10, 2014

TLXifying FDG buildings... (pt 2)

So, by hand, I whipped up six wall pieces, four posts and a 6" tile in relatively short order. I actually really like the end result - the Fat Dragon textures look great once fully assembled into a scene. I screwed up the anti-warp walls, though. I over-thought them, and ended up with the anti-warp piece on the OUTSIDE of the wall, not the INSIDE. Poop.

I'll have to go and redo the walls, but making walls is cheap. I'll try to remember to snap a picture of the simple room to share the progress.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

TLXifying FDG buildings...

OK. I've built a couple pieces of Fat Dragon Games' Dragonshire City Interiors set, and I'll be honest. I don't really like how the sets are assembled. The pieces don't that THAT long to assemble, but what I end up with doesn't go together quite as well as what I've come to expect from TLX pieces. As a result, I'm going to focus my attention on using TLX as a building system, and try converting some FDG stuff over to it.

Right now, my printer is spitting out a 6" tile and anchors to assemble. I've also got sheets of 3" and 6" exterior walls, and a set of 2-way posts ready to print. I hope to have enough time this weekend to get everything cut out and assembled so I can demonstrate a single 6" building. After that, I'll look into doing up trusses and roof pieces. I am making my own templates for all these pieces. They're TLX compatible, but they are not the WWG resources I've used for their kitbashes. I like the tiles, posts and walls, but have never been happy with the TLX roof system (I've posted about this before) so now I'll try in earnest to come up with something better.