Wednesday, June 18, 2014

First Fat Dragon-style tile...

I put together a tile that had four 1" holes carved out of it for the Fat Dragon-style columns that hold things together. I assembled one of the columns, and found that it just didn't fit in any of the holes I had cut, I tried shaving a little extra off of the holes, but it's just a super-tight fit. So tight, that it buckled the column. Finally, I opted to use some force to get it into place snugly:


A perfect fit.

Seriously, it can't possibly be this much work to get the columns in place, could it? I've got one more I'll glue up, and I'll try to ensure that it's made nice and tight. If this doesn't work, and if I can't get some help from the forums, I'll have to seriously reconsider the Fat Dragon method of building tiles.

I'm trying to keep in mind that this is my first attempt, so mistakes will be made...

EDIT: I made my 2nd column with no bottom face to it, and that gave it the flexibility it needed to more easily fit in the holes. It's still in their pretty snug so it doesn't fall out. It makes the column less resistant to damage when packaged up, though. I wonder if the cutfiles aren't leaving the top/bottom just a hair too large, and that's causing problems...

No comments:

Post a Comment