Friday, July 4, 2014

Beasts & Barbarians

 The Beasts & Barbarians: Hero Construction Set is a great collection of standees by Okumarts. The PDF uses lots of layers to let you choose from three different head, body and leg styles for each of 12 figures. That's... 324 minis? Ok. So, you're not going to go and make all 324. But, it lets you make them just the way you want them, and the variations are great enough that you might just make more than one of each.

 I don't enjoy cutting out standees by hand, but this set proved to be a fun challenge for making cutfiles. I wanted to make cutlines for each layer, allowing me to be as selective for cutting the figures as I can be for creating them.

 So, there are 108 labelled and color-coded cutlines to let you choose which combination of pieces to cut. I've only done one page so far, so I can't promise that all the cutlines will work perfectly. Still, I'm reasonably confident that they'll be a lot better than cutting by hand.

The cutfiles are available over at the cardboard-warriors forum. If you give them a try, let me know if you have any issues. The only thing I am aware of is that there are two layer options that don't fit within the cutting region, and may not even fit within the margins for printing.

Happy cutting!


No comments:

Post a Comment