Wednesday, July 30, 2014

One step back... two steps forward!

It turns out, I apparently told GIMP to not save ANY of my work last night. Not a thing. So, I had to start over from scratch. I managed to get the one end truss redone, and I changed the template quite a bit. It has a peak to it, rather than following the TLX style of having a flat top. It also has an extra slot that I hope will allow me to keep the roof piece anchored in place better, and make way for a possible system for adding an overhang. I redid the one roof style as well. I found an interior texture from another building set, so the roof hopefully will work a little better. I again redid the template from scratch, so I think the tabs are shaded better, and there's an extra flap at the top that I hope will help cover the top edge where two roof pieces join up. We'll see. I was having a devil of a time trying to measure everything correctly.

Sadly, my two hours of play time is over now, and I won't have the time to print and build tonight... If I'm lucky, my kids won't want to play on the computer tomorrow morning (hah, right) so I'll be able to print out some pages before going into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment