Taking another stab at simplifying the TLX roof templates, and I thought I'd post some pics of what I did this evening.
I'm making another roof piece now, and then I'll find some time later in the week to make smaller 3" trusses so I can finish my little building. The benefits I see are this:
1) Trusses will not be specific to a roof texture. My roof pieces are now usable on any truss.
2) They are faster to build. It's a single sandwich fold like the TLX walls, plus a couple small notches.
3) They take up less space. They are as flat as the walls.
4) They are easier to kitbash. There's less texture to try to line up.
5) I can convert older sets pretty quickly.
Downsides? I'm sure there are some. I'll let you know when I figure that out.