Thursday, November 20, 2014

Swampwood Village roof texture redo

I wasn't liking how the thatched roof texture was turning out. It just doesn't fit well with the rest of the set. So, I'm making a new texture. Here's the start:

Yes, it's just the wall bits stretched long and thin, layered and made a little jagged at the edge. Still, I think it's better than the original Swampwood roof texture:

I might add some moss/leaves/vines to the roof as an option, and I might adjust the roof so that it's more yellow in order to separate it from the walls more.

UPDATE: Daaaaang. I apparently didn't SAVE before walking away from my computer... By the time I came back, my son had switched users and used the computer quite a bit. It was all too much for GIMP. My changes were lost. Now I just have to figure out HOW MUCH was lost. :(

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that! I know how that is all too well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even the seasoned computer user needs an occasional reminder that saving kinda often isn't often enough. :) Anyway, roofs are done, trusses are done. I'm going to tinker with adding some debris/growth to the roofs, and I'm going to try to lighten them up a bit. Then, I can focus on making the special roof bits to "improve" them by covering up the trusses!

      Delete