Friday, December 5, 2014

Trying my own thing - white marble

Just dabbling in GIMP, following some YouTube videos and seeing what kind of results they yield. Here's a simple white marble wall:

I think I might play around with some more GIMP scripting. It'd be neat to write a script that lets me pick the source layer, the dimensions of the bricks, the size of the beveled border, etc. It would randomly pick bricks out of the source, add the bevel, and place it on the wall. That would let me quickly experiment with different settings, and would let me quickly make base textures (like sandstone, marble, stone?) and turn them into bricks.

Along with this, I will try to make some different wall features, such as pillars, alcoves, windows, doors and door frames, etc. Maybe some decorative stuff?

Then I'll play with some grunge brushes, adding cracks and imperfections, stains etc.

I think it would be cool to come up with some base styles from which additional kitbashing could be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment