Wednesday, February 4, 2015

So what exactly have I been up to?

I've been quiet here for a couple reasons. First, my printer was giving me fits, which was making it hard for me to make progress on some Cathedrae Noctis conversion efforts. I got my printer chugging along again, but I switched gears and started printing and cutting some of the Okumarts minis I had made cutfiles for. SEVEN SETS of minis. I can't get enough of them! I've also started running a 5th edition D&D game for my kids and their friends. It's starting out slow - mostly hard to get everyone together all at once.

So, that's kinda partly some of why I haven't been posting.

The other reason is that I've been trying to communicate with the WorldWorks Games folks about the future of their company and the forums. I have offered up some ideas, and they have expressed that they're willing to talk things through with me, but my goodness they are TERRIBLE at responding in a timely fashion. I'm not talking instant messaging here. I'm pretty it is faster to hand-write and snail-mail letters to people than it is to get one email back from them. I'm giving them another week to see if we can't fix this communication barrier. If that doesn't work, it might be the final nail in the coffin for my relationship with the place. That makes me sad enough to get in the way of crafting more stuff.

I'll start posting more of the gory details about this stuff once I've had a back-and-forth with them and see where things will go.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting, Im very curious about your discussion with them. I hope things work out as you hoped. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there's still a lot to be curious about. The jury is still out about how we'll make progress moving forward, but please stay optimistic with me! I kind of feel like I've pitched the same ideas at least twice already and haven't actually made progress, but now I've pitched the ideas in real-time. The fact is, however, that I wasn't chatting with Denny, so I wasn't actually chatting with the decision maker. The ideas will need to make it back to Denny, they'll hopefully respond to the questions, comments and concerns I've raised, and we'll go from there. I'm shooting for baby steps to prove we can make any progress at all. The general mood was receptive of my ideas.

    I'm disappointed but resigned to believing it will take about a week to get a response for any questions, so the ball is back in their court. Let's see! If possible, we'll start scheduling some phone calls to minimize the communication barriers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick update. It's been a week now since I made the pitch in person about some ideas to move forward with. I don't know. The fact that I haven't heard a peep in a week? They're not serious about the company's future at all. I don't care what they say. It would have been courteous to get an email letting me know that they got what I proposed and what course of action they would take. It would be reasonable to take a couple days to think about it maybe, though it's a bit sad if they haven't given this stuff enough thought at this point... After a couple days, if they haven't had time, it would be courteous to send a note saying that they may not be able to get to it for a couple more days.

    A week of silence? What else should I think? Even if they were to come back and say "You know what - we needed the time to talk it over, but we're behind you 100%" - it's a total lack of consideration to not even reply to someone.

    At this point, I'm insulted.

    ReplyDelete