Monday, March 9, 2015

Freebie is totally textured!

I wanted this to be a quick-and-dirty model to get an idea of what the textures would be like on the 'real thing', so I have a 2"x3" little house ready to go! It's two pages, and is designed to fold-flat. The roof is in two pieces, meant to pin together or glue. The trusses are meant to be pinned to the roof, or you can glue one or both in place. They slip into the first floor, which should fold flat. There are two simple floors that you can mount to foamcore, or glue together to make a double-sided piece, or simply leave them separate. Now I have to do the hard part...

I need to invent a name for what it is I'm doing, and I need to make some packaging (i.e. assembly instructions).

I might seek some interested private parties first, then release on the cardboard-warriors forum, then on DriveThruRPG. It's all free, but it'd get me a feel for some of the mechanics.

I wonder if one of the existing vendors would be willing to let me use their ground textures to make a base for the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment