Sunday, July 26, 2015

Progress report

I've been able to make some progress! Test builds of the "small house" and the "long house" are done, and they are packaged up and ready to go on DriveThruRPG. I'm not going to make the sets public until the next two are done. I am glad I did another round of test builds - found a minor issue with one of the layers being a little misplaced. I may tweak it a little more - I realize I don't have any score marks on the chimney, and one of the cut marks is a little hard to make out. But, they're ready to go!

So, on to what I've been calling the 'manor house'. It's actually not all that large, so I might back off and call it a 'two-story house' instead. I might do a true manor house in set #2, as the 'big' structure of that set. But... must focus...

The two-story house will be big enough. Then, onto the tower.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Instructions for the "Small House" are done.

I think I'm calling this the "Small House" under the sub-heading "Medieval Village Set 1". I'll have at least four buildings in the 'set' though I'll offer them separately, and as a bundle. It's a slow process for me to do the instructions. Since I can't take a good photo to save my life, I'm doing renderings in Sketchup. Tomorrow night I'll lay out the actual PDFs for this one, and make the thumbnail pics for it. With any luck, I'll be able to tick this one off the TODO list Monday night!

The "Long House" is next. It'll be the 3"x6" one-story house. Wednesday night I'll start the instructions, but realistically it won't be done before the weekend, what with normal weekly responsibilities...

I started laying out the graphics for the "Manor House" for real this time. Added to what I've already done will be two or three extra bits that will allow more variety to the layout.

Still a work-in-progress, but you can get an idea for some of the additional bits. This will likely take all of next week, assuming I finish the "Long House" on time.

And there's more after that, but this is my 'keeping it simple' strategy...


Saturday, July 18, 2015

Quick renderings before bed


I added a chimney to the models, and have put together a small 2x3" house, a long 3x6" house, and the original 3x6 two story house that will start to get a couple additional features!

Filling out the first product line

I worked through the process of making assembly instructions, and I liked how it turned out. I played a bit with promo pics, and I still have some twiddling to do to get things where I like it, but it's moving along. I also started filling out a product listing on DriveThruRPG, though I ran into some snafus. Nothing major, but I need some back-and-forth with them to sort out how I can get some images in my product descriptions...

I'm now getting the geometries and textures done for four separate pieces - the first in my collection of a 'medieval Italian village'. Hopefully I can crank out the basic shapes in short order. The tedious part will be building up layered PDFs to give a little control over window and door placement.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Scaling back, ramping up

I'm trying to put the finishing touches for real on a product that I can put up on OBS. I've scaled back quite a bit from the modular builds and the fold-flat builds, though I'm still working on those. This will just be a static build of a simple 3x6" stone house. I'm working on instructions right now, but it doesn't look like I'll be finishing this up this weekend...

Here's a 3d rendering of the house:






It's the first part towards these slightly more interesting buildings: